Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hello, Good bye, Hello again

I have some friends, not so many, but all over the world. I am too lazy to keep in touch with them. This blog can be a good tool to communicate with everybody I concern. I wish all my friends are away from misery. But, as Sommuel Beckett said, “The tears of the world are a constant quality. For each one who begins to weep, somewhere else another stops. The same is true of the laugh.” I believe this or accept this rule. This words reminds me of a tiny happiness like meeting again with old friends, on the other hand, some of my friends are missing under the violent regimes. Anyways, let me write something about my life in Australia.

I was working in Griffith, 500km west of Sydney. I started seasonal work there. I had not worked on any fruit picking jobs. I knew nothing about it. Han youp, my Korean friend in Sydney, introdused me Japanese girl who worked before in Griffith. Chikako was a funny girl, wearing stirings underpants according to Han youp. Yes, she did. I comfirmed it when we met in the flat Han youp and She shared with other people from South America. She was lying on the sofa. Fortunaly or unfortunately her pants were showing. It was a nice first impression, which made me feel I could trust her. I talked to her in English at first. I do not know why. Maybe I was a bit sweet panic. Anyways we talked for a while. She gave me some useful information about seasonal works. And I decided to go to Griffith because it is near Sydney. It is not near in a Japanese way. 500km is the same distance of Between Tokyo and Osaka. Almost nobody in Japan says Tokyo is near Osaka. But in Australiam it is near.

The day after Shinka, my friend from Japan, and I went to buy a car. We searched for some seller through some websites. We found a Japanese guy who offered a Daihatu for $500. I ringed him up on the same day and met up on the same day and made contract on the same day. This was a fiasico. I was in such a hurry because I was runinng out of money to stay in expensive city like Sydney. Good bye Sydney!

Lesson No.1 , Never hurry.

2 days after we made contract with the Japanese guy, Kazu, we left Sydney with our brand new car. This was not brand new but I felt like brand new and Shnka must have felt same way. We were too high. Shinka was driving fast and I was dancing and singing next to him. We were too high to stop on red signal. No, this was not true. We were too high to notice there was a corner with signal. It was too late. He put on the break after we passed the stop line. We saw lighting, lighting on the corner of small town on midnight. We were in a flood of photoflash. I was worring about one thing, if police saw this photo, he could not stop laughing at my face. I could not take it. But I was also sure Shinka was not worring about his face but that he had to pay fine for infrigement. He was depressed and his foot was paralyzed by the shock. He asked me to switch driving. I could not ask him he got out piss or not. I was talking to myself "Never hurry" on the driving seat. 2 hours later, our car went broke, almotst dead on the way to Griffith, on a mountain of winter. There was a electnic bulettin board on the road, in front of us, which indicated 3 degrees C. The wind was blowing harsh and blew out our hope. We were pushing the fucking car with hazard lamp on...

to be continued.....

No comments: